At Manatee Ear Center, we know that everyone experiences hearing loss differently. We offer a highly individualized approach to finding the right hearing solution for your unique needs. An initial hearing aid evaluation is done to determine the existence, type and severity of your hearing loss.
The first step in your journey to better hearing is a brief consultation in which we will discuss your medical and hearing history. It will include questions regarding:
- The reason you scheduled your appointment. What symptoms are you experiencing? What are your concerns?
- The situations or environments that cause you the most difficulty hearing.
- Whether you have a family history of hearing loss.
- Any over-the-counter or prescription medications you’re taking.
- Your history of exposure to loud noise.
We strongly encourage you to bring a loved one with you to your appointment. They may be able to offer a different perspective and additional insight into your hearing loss.
Next, we will begin the hearing aid evaluation by placing you in a soundproof booth to conduct several tests, such as:
- Pure-Tone Audiometry– A behavioral test that is used to measure the threshold of sounds that are audible to you in varying frequencies. Your ears are tested separately.
- Speech Audiometry– Assesses your ability to detect and understand one- and two-syllable words.
- Tympanometry– By using varying degrees of air pressure in the ear canal, this test examines the condition of the middle ear, the mobility of the eardrum (tympanic membrane) and the conduction bones.
We use the results of these hearing aid evaluations to help establish a treatment plan. If we determine that hearing aids are the best solution for you, we will begin a demonstration of different devices, in multiple styles and with diverse features.
Unlike big box stores, we are an independent practice and have no obligation to sell you certain hearing aids. We will discuss your unique listening challenges, your lifestyle and budget and will conduct a demonstration, using different tests to show you how the devices will help you in different situations. These tests offer invaluable insight into how the hearing aids perform and will help us match you with hearing aids to best suit your needs.
Hear the difference at Manatee Ear Center in Bradenton, Florida. Allow us to help you reconnect with life. Schedule your hearing aid evaluation today!